When satire sums up reality so perfectly, this is what you get. The subtitles say it all. Might as well be reading the latest news, whether on NYTimes or The Onion. Hard to tell the difference any more with the current GOP Clown Car Candidates.
Listen carefully, lots of wit here. And when Hitler says Obama, it coincides with his reference to Stalin in the German dialog.
One wonders, though, just how sincere Newt is, or what kind of president he would make, especially after reading today that his staff did not even manage to get enough signatures on petitions and filed to get him on the ballot in Virginia. I mean, good $DEITY, I just read that Virginia is Gingrich’s home state, for crying out loud.
Nor did Perry qualify for the ballot, either, for that matter. In fact, it appears that only Romney and Ron Paul managed to get the correct paperwork filed to get on the ballot in Virginia. The rest of the grifters, sorry, I meant GOP candidates, apparently did not feel it necessary to file to be on the ballot on Super Tuesday primary day in Virginia??
Also, the Democrats don’t need to worry about savaging Newt as the flip-flopping, money hungry con artist he is. The conservatives are doing it just fine, over at newtcantwin.com, a site set up by the right wing opponents of Gingrich. It is absolute brutal.
Of course, it would be nice to see them do the same thing to Romney. Or any of the other GOP candidates. Because, truth to be told, there is not really a dime’s worth of difference among them. They are all lying, delusional, flip-flopping, pandering grifters. Romney is pretty much as useless as Newt. The rest are also plan batsh*t crazy.
How the did the GOP manage to paint itself into this corner? Maybe it is just karma for what they have done to the nation starting with and since President Raygun.
I mean seriously, what do you do with a voter base that only a year ago in a major poll was shown to believe the following:
* 67 percent of Republicans (and 40 percent of Americans overall) believe that Obama is a socialist.
* 57 percent of Republicans (32 percent overall) believe that Obama is a Muslim
* 45 percent of Republicans (25 percent overall) agree with the Birthers in their belief that Obama was “not born in the United States and so is not eligible to be president”
* 38 percent of Republicans (20 percent overall) say that Obama is “doing many of the things that Hitler did”
* Scariest of all, 24 percent of Republicans (14 percent overall) say that Obama “may be the Antichrist.” ‘