Title is title of an article up on THe Hill
Republican lawmakers are grumbling about the direction of Mitt Romney’s campaign and say he needs to change course.
The complaints come as polls show that Romney lost ground on President Obama following the party’s respective conventions in Tampa, Fla. and Charlotte, N.C.
The GOP members say Romney must do a better job of communicating to voters what to expect of him, either by making a bold pledge akin to George H.W. Bush’s 1988 “no new taxes” promise or fleshing policy proposals with more details.
Here’s the problem for Rmoney and the GOP, however.
Romney has already given a clear and concise picture of himself and his plans. His campaign has published a policy statement that runs hundreds of pages, and is so vague and lacking in specifics and detail it is laughable.
But just to recap for the GOP how clear Rmoney and Ryan have been.
1. Destroy Social Security by privatizing it and destroying the trust fund, thus insure its demise when inevitably the private corporations charged with safeguarding contributions steal the money and run with it.
2. Destroy Medicare by turning it into a voucher program, so that within 20 years, seniors will be unable to have health insurance because a) they can not afford it, and b) no private company will sell it to them.
3. Lower taxes again on the super wealthy, because, God knows, owning the majority of wealth already is not enough, they want it ALL.
4. Destroy all social safety net programs. After all, if children want their grannies safe in nursing homes and not wrapped in blanket and left lying in the street, they should have just worked harder and saved more to take care of their parents in their old age. Maybe both husband and wife should take on two jobs each.
5. Put laws in place making sure that the elderly and the poor and non-white hued find it almost impossible to register to vote, because, since the GOP cannot win fairly, they have to cheat.
6. Lower corporate taxes to 25%. Now since already most corporations pay litte or no taxes, and in fact companies like big oil rake in SUBSIDIES while experiencing record high profits, this means even more corporations will flip from paying any taxes into the negative taxes / subsidies realm. After all, as we know, for the GOP all profits are capitalism, all losses are socialized and and will be covered by the government, and by that I mean the taxes of the 95% poor and dwindling middle class. (And by that I do NOT mean those making over $200,000 a year, per Mitt RMoney).
7. Of course what this all means is that the deficit will again skyrocket totally out of control with no hope of ever bringing it back down, ignoring the fact that refusal to return taxes on the wealth and corporations to reasonable levels, plus running wars off the books, is what created the staggering increase in the deficit.
8. Not to mention that RMoney’s chief advisers are the same neocon hawks who created the disaster in Iraq. And it is certain that within months they will start another war, to insure more war profiteering for their buddies, more rat holes to just fly bales of millions in cash into, which will then promptly disappear with no accounting forever, which is what happened in Iraq.
9. Continue to ignore all science and reality, while climate change is inducing global warming that now appears to be accelerating so rapidly, 90 – 100 years ahead of previous worst case estimates, that we within a decade may be looking at not being able to successfully grow the major crops of wheat, corn, and rice, that support the global population. When heat cooks in the fields in Iowa, and it is so hot in Illinois and Indiana that the corn cannot fertilize, and so the crop fails, you would think the American people would start paying attention. And that is precisely what this past growing season was, nationwide. A disastrous failure from drought and heat.
10. And last, but not least, bring the War on Women to a successful conclusion, insuring that all abortion is outlawed, that all doctors are operating under laws telling them what they can and cannot say to their women patients; destroying Planned Parenthood, because it is just wrong that poor women have access to health care and counseling (95% of all Planned Parenthood does has nothing to do with abortion). In fact, I think the GOP would be satisfied if they could just take away the right of women to even vote, and make sure they are put back in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant.
The GOP platform is clear. They want to return to the 19th century. And by that, I mean the first half, pre-Civil War. In fact, I am sure some of them would be happy if they could just notch the dial back to the Middle Ages, and re-institute Feudalism. It would just be so much easier to deal with the peasants that way, without any of that messy Democracy and Civil Rights stuff.